Monday, November 25, 2013

Who IS Doctor Who?

This year's biggest hit is Doctor Who mugs, ornaments and scarves.
Who IS Doctor Who?
Thank goodness Sabrina clued me in on this whole thing, since I have attempted to watch one episode a few months ago and was totally lost.
All I know at this point is that the final actor is playing the final Doctor Who and those who are big fans are following every little thing which happens.  There were some marathon t.v. shows this past week on BBC television and since we don't get that channel, I couldn't take a look to see if I could figure out Doctor Who is.
My friend's son is a big fan and when we went to the June Market, she told me that her son wanted me to look around for Doctor Who items. 
As we were walking around at the Market, I did attempt to find any Doctor Who items, but it wasn't until I got back home and was checking out a catalogue from a large Christmas ornament company, that I saw "the light":  the Doctor Who Tardis and Dalek ornaments from this company were numbers 1 and 2 most popular ornaments being ordered for this Christmas.
As a contrast, I asked my sales rep from this Christmas company about Downton Abbey ornaments....me being a big fan of that series.  I was told that us mid-Westerners were not big Downton Abby followers....in our neck of the woods Doctor Who is out numbering Downton Abbey.
What I did, of course, was put in a substantial order for Doctor Who mugs and ornaments.  My mom didn't raise a fool....as someone says....and I didn't order Downton Abbey anything.
But next year...watch out!!  It could be the year of D.A. and I, for one, will NOT be asking Who is Downton Abbey?
Can't wait until January for that series to return!!  30 days until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment