Tuesday, May 27, 2014

On My Soap Box

There are always burning questions in the world of Candy.
Here's one for you:  88.7% people who eat chocolate Easter bunnies eat the bunny ears first.
I am not sure how someone somewhere was able to obtain this information. 
I do know that Easter candy sales account for more than $2.25 billion.
For me the real question is:  Do you want to order your candy online and take a chance that it arrives melted, "old", "blooming" or just not what you wanted?
Would you rather come into a local store (let's say SWEET TOOTH), look at that candy, perhaps sample it, pick the exact number and kind you want in your own personalize selection, knowing that the staff at that store are experienced and knowledgeable about the candy they are selling?
Here's another burning candy question?
Are we going to be able to get candy from the movie FROZEN to satisfy the latest and perhaps the greatest animated film which is generating all sorts of interest?  We have had a number of people purchasing FROZEN type candy for FROZEN parties.  So far Rock Candy has worked well, but I am hoping for gummies, lollipops, characters, etc.
We are able to order locally made and superly delicious cookies which could be decorated with FROZEN characters.  And when we say "fresh" cookies, we mean exactly that!
So I say "boo" to all those stories about how bricks and mortar stores are on their way out.  Where else can you get the personal attention you need?  Where else can you actually see, in living color, the gift or candy items available?  And who actually stands behind online candy sales?  Not very many online candy retailers.
Am I on my soap box!  You are darn right I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment