Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Thanks for 23 Years of Sweet Tooth!!

Wow!! I have to say that this blog has now reached 10,125 page views!  When Sabrina said to me, "Mom, you need to write a blog about the store, I thought what I hope everyone who writes a blog thinks:  who will read my words?"  I think I've had a few good comments and ideas and I really am thankful that people are reading what I have to say.
Now on to the coming Fall/Winter Preview.
Many of you will begin to notice that Halloween and Christmas displays will soon begin to appear in the stores.  Afterall, school is back in session by mid-August.  Therefore, retail has moved back the date when holiday items and displays become the next best thing to do.  Afterall, a lot of this promotion is generated by shoppers looking for something new.  It really is a two way street and not simply retailers reaching into people's pockets for their holiday funds.
September 1 will be the 23rd anniversary of our owning Sweet Tooth.  I won't even try to describe all the changes which have taken place in those 23 years.  However I can say that our first store, with its rustic, wooden look (painted hot pink by our friend Steve) and balloons hanging flat on the wall behind the candy cases is no longer what Sweet Tooth looks like, sells or values.  We have evolved.
We will be one of those retailers who will have a little "Christmas in August" look.  We've got some darling Santa's Reindeer figures coming to us at this very moment and frankly, we can't wait another 2 or 3 months to show them to our customers.  Forgive us for tipping the scale a little early for Christmas.
Our popular display of Unemployed Philosophers will grow into a full floor tower in the fall, with all sorts of new items, including Marvel Heroes, Mr. Rogers, Planet Plates and more. 
Both Kameleon and Trollbeads are releasing a great deal of promotions and new pieces beginning very soon.  Even our Kameleon Holiday Trunk show will be held in October...why? because of the great Necklace and 2 new Jewelpops which will be coming out early for Christmas.
Right now we are looking into the new colors and styles of Scout tote bags which we think are the best totes on the market.  I get compliments every time I take my Scout bag into a store to hold my purchases.  Recently I saw 2 ladies looking at a much cheaper version of that sort of tote bag and really, I couldn't help saying to myself, "That flimsy bag will fall apart in a couple of months!"  I say if you are going to spend some money, spend it on things that will last and always look good.
Ok.  That's my spiel for the moment.  And thanks for staying with me as I sit to write down a few thoughts.
Watch for our Peanuts Party in November...65 years of Charlie Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment