Wednesday, August 1, 2018

What's The Deal With Sugar Free Chocolate?

I have to tell you that Sugar Free Chocolates and Candy often get a bad rap.  I know that before we had Sweet Tooth I also thought that Sugar Free wasn't worth my time.

However, I have news for you!!  Sugar Free can be very tasty and I don't mean "after taste".  That has worked for us, as we carefully check with the manufacturer and (as the retailer)we taste the candy before we bring it into the store.

Take today, for example.  For 26 years we have been selling the Grand Truffles, double dipped, hand made from Sweet Shop.  And they are very very good.

When Sweet Shop recently introduce 4 Sugar Free truffles, I decided to give them a chance and I am happy I did.  Today we tasted Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Cookie, Sugar Free Sweet Shop truffles.  They are yummy...smooth chocolate, beautifully presented and none of what people think of as that "after taste" of sugar free.

Now I have to tell you that eating too much Sugar Free in one sitting or even one day may have an unhappy effect on your digestive system.  We always caution the rookie Sugar Free customer to carefully introduce sugar free to his/her diet.

If we won't eat it, we don't expect anyone to eat it either!!  That is a good rule to follow.

As candy retailers, we often get that question:  How does it taste?  Is it good? 

Acknowledging that everyone's taste buds are different, we can safely say that what we sell at our store is good for just the right person.  Let's face it:  I love licorice but not all our customers do.  To each his/her own, right?

So next time you are in Sweet Tooth, and we offer you a sample of sugar free chocolate, give it a try.  We just love seeing the smiles on people's faces when they try it and like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment