Jeff has told me that today is the 1st anniversary of this blog. Naturally I felt the need to recognize that fact and to say something further about what we do at Sweet Tooth.
Now in our 21st year, we have acted upon several principles which we have felt are very important:
(1) Our store should feel like a home away from home. Our customers should feel that they are important to us, that we want to provide them with the best service we can and we want to make the environment of the store fun and inviting.
(2) Our staff should enjoy coming to work every day. They should know how much we appreciate their effort to assure that #1 on this list is always the most critical work ethic for them.
(3) We should demonstrate in all ways possible how much we appreciate our staff and the manner in which they represent Sweet Tooth and the reputation they have helped build for Sweet Tooth..
(4) If it isn't fun and interesting to work or shop here, then we are doing something wrong which needs to be corrected immediately.
(5) We don't want our store to be a carbon copy of every other gift shop in town. We want to stock our store with new and different merchandise. When a customer asks us a question about an item in our store, and if we don't know the answer, we will research the question and get back to the customer with the answer.
(6) We want to be a good corporate citizen. We want to support as many good causes as we can. We honor those people who actually walk into our store, ask for help for their organization and show us how proud they are to be a volunteer for that group.
(7) Although change is sometimes difficult, we want to be open to new and different things. We want to keep up with technology in the market place without losing the "homey" touch we feel is so good for us.
Hopefully we are accomplishing these principles and that we will never sit on the laurels of past successes. Above all, we have made so many friends over the past 20 years. Those friendships motivate us to continue working diligently to make our store the very best it can be.