Monday, April 27, 2015

There's Nothing Better Than Being A Mother!

I can't think of anything better than being a mother.  I am sort of an accidental mother, whose baby was a bit late (10 months....I am so sure of that) and my baby was a little bigger than some.  Now my baby is in her mid-30's and she is fun, sharp witted, creative, theatrical, mostly kind to others and a smart cookie!
I also think that being a mother never stops.  I give my advice, I suggest and sometimes insist that my baby do certain things.  I believe I have to be a good example for her my whole life, not just while she is growing up.  I believe that I am a mother, not her best friend and yet we can share all sorts of experiences and ideas, just like friends do.
I don't have a Facebook account; however if I did have a Facebook account, I wouldn't want to "friend" her.  I think she needs some privacy and giving her that would be a good thing for her and for me.
I miss my mom.  There are so many things I didn't ask her and so many experiences I had which I didn't share.  I try to imagine what my mom would think about certain things, but I really don't have the answers. 
I do remember the special moments my mom gave me and the opportunity I had towards the end of her life to give her as much of my time as I could.
Everyday should be Mother's Day.  We designate one day out of the year to honor our Moms and one for our Dads and our Grandparents.  And that is a good thing.  It reminds us to let our family know how important they are to us.
What about a Daughter Day or a Son Day?  I would be in favor of that.  Not to idolize our children, not to pamper and pet them, to put them in an Ivy Tower.  Rather to remind ourselves that we did something really right with our lives....we raised a child and left a legacy for ourselves and our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment