Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What Can I Do For You?

                                                      What can we do for you?
The concerned retailer will ask him or herself that question each time a customer walks in the door.  It should be ALL ABOUT YOU!
I am wondering if you feel that way when you walk into most stores?  Do the staff greet you? do they seem interested in helping you?  do they offer samples of their goods?  do they greet you and then turn away, never to return to see how you are doing?
You know, I am a customer too.  I shop for groceries, clothes, shoes, hardware, pharmacy items.....etc.  Most of the time I feel like an invisible person, that is, if I don't specifically ask for help.
My favorite places to shop are like the t.v. program CHEERS....a place where, if they don't know my name, they pretend they know me and want me in their store.
And one of the most annoying experiences is when you pull out the coupon you've been saving to use and find that the deadline has passed.  Urgghh (is that a word?)...do you go ahead and buy that item because, well, you are already there?  or do you wait until another coupon comes along?
I have noticed that more people seem interested in shopping locally.  The t.v. news I watch recently carried a story about the Farmer's Market on Cherry Street.  The journalist interviewed a woman who had driven from Ponca City to shop at the Farmer's Market that morning....I just love that sort of person.
Now I see articles questioning whether Organic is really Organic and Natural is really Natural and Grown Locally is an accurate description.
Really, it isn't easy being a consumer.  There are just so many questions you have to ask yourself when you go out to shop....and the one I really want to hear is WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment