Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Post Two: Peanut Brittle and Bill

Have you ever associated a certain candy with a person you know?
Recently a very nice man, enthusiastic about his Catholicism, his life, his dog, his birds and the circus died at the age of 95 years.  I associate Bill with peanut brittle and not the fancy gourmet type.  In fact he preferred the inexpensive box of peanut brittle at the local drugstore.
I associate my teen years with Bit o Honey bars.  Somehow I thought chocolate would make me gain weight but Bit o Honey was just healthy candy.  Honey, right?
I'm going to miss my peanut brittle friend, but at Christmas time when we have gourmet peanut brittle in the store, I'll recommend it to all peanut brittle lovers because it is the best.
I might even grab a Bit o Honey bar from the shelf for myself.  I'll think about my teen years at Edison and  I'll be missing Bill too.

No comments:

Post a Comment