Monday, August 6, 2012

Remembering Alicia and Her Candy Buffet

Sunday Sweet Tooth had a booth at the Tulsa Wedding Show.  We've been a part of that show for a number of years, introducing prospective brides to the fun and the purpose of having a Candy Buffet at their wedding reception.
Toward afternoon's end, our booth was visited by Nicolas Stolusky, Event Sales Manager for the Tulsa Zoo.  Tulsa Zoo can host all sorts of events at their facility.  Meeting Nicolas took me back to one of the first Candy Buffets we did for a wedding reception.  It was at the Tulsa Zoo.
I am remembering Alicia and Jeff who wanted their wedding reception to be a joyful experience for their guests.  They decided to have a Candy Buffet and they picked all their favorite candies, including Chocolate Gummi Bears which Alicia loved.
I am remembering the absolute joy they expressed the night of their wedding...the dancing, their friends, their family all crowding around the Candy Buffet.
I am also remembering Alicia, a heart transplant survivor who died too young and left me thinking how the Tulsa Zoo and the Candy Buffet and her love for Jeff has left a handprint on my heart.
It was something as simple as Alicia's idea for a Candy Buffet that demonstrated to me what real joy people can bring to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment